Welcome to the Pierce County Back Country Horsemen of Washington. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to keeping horse trails and others open, accessible, and in good condition so our friends, neighbors, and visitors may enjoy the beauty of the hills and mountains of Washington State.
Back Country Horsemen of Washington (BCHW), is a 501 (c) (3) organization with 35 chapters across the state dedicated to: keeping trails open for all users; educating horse users in Leave-No-Trace practices; and providing volunteer service to resource agencies.
Here's an article from The Suburban Times about our efforts restoring the Gateway Bridge: Keeping the Trails Open to God's Country - Thanks to everyone who participated with work, money, and ideas. Enjoy!
We are networked with Back Country Horsemen of Washington. (BCHW), in 25 other states. Come join us for good friendship, good information, volunteer opportunities, and the chance to make a difference!
BCHW Mission Statement
BCHW is affiliated with the Back Country Horsemen of America and therefore adopts the BCHA mission statement as follows:
THE MISSION OF THIS ORGANIZATION SHALL BE:
1. To perpetuate the common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America's back country and wilderness.
2. To work to insure that public lands remain open to recreational stock use.
3. To assist the various government and private agencies in their maintenance and management of said resource.
4. To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
5. To foster and encourage the formation of new chapters in the state organization.
Businesses that support the mission of the Pierce County Chapter of Backcountry Horsemen of Washington.
Thank you to our sponsors who have helped with the Prize Ride and have provided on-going support to our chapter: